[DeTomaso] POCA Fun Rally - Changes to the Tahoe Cruise on Friday, June 12

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Tue May 5 23:51:41 EDT 2009

On Friday, June 12, Panteras Northwest will be sponsoring the Tahoe Tour
Drive, which will include your choice of a tour of the Sierra Boat Company,
or a paddle-wheel boat cruise around the south end of Lake Tahoe with Tahoe
Cruises.  When I first put out the notice about this, we thought we were
going to be able to do a group rate for the tour, but that has not worked
out with the cruise company.

The pricing and group arrangement for the cruise have changed.  Because of
the logistical challenge of getting everyone to pay ahead of time for a
group rate, we are going to have everybody purchase their own tickets.
Unfortunately, this does mean a slightly higher ticket price, but it should
make the event smoother for everyone.  It is encouraged that you contact
Tahoe Cruises directly to reserve your space on the boat at 1.800.23.TAHOE
and tell them you are joining the Pantera group on Friday, June 12 at 1:00
PM.  The adult fare is $41 per person, children under 12 are $20.  You can
wait until we get there on Friday to pay, but there is that chance the boat
will be full and you won't be able to join us.  The cruise has a deli buffet
lunch available on-board for $12/person: a full service bar is also
provided. Parking at the dock is secure and runs $8 per car. There will be
plenty of time for all to return to Circus Circus after the cruise to get
ready for the National Automobile Museum (Harrah's Collection) event that
evening.

There will be a signup sheet in the hospitality suite when you get to the
Circus Circus, and there you can indicate whether you are going to do the
Sierra Boat tour or the Paddle Wheel Cruise.  Route and timing information
will be available during the driver's meeting on Friday morning before we
leave.

I've sent this same message to Mark McWhinney to post on the POCA website,
along with additional details about the Sierra Boat Company tour.  Please go
to www.poca.com to learn more, and we'll see you in Reno!!!

Mike Thomas
Pres., Panteras Northwest
Vice Pres., POCA