[DeTomaso] Remote oil filter setup

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Tue May 5 19:18:29 EDT 2009

Okay, I can buy part of this, but let me throw in the piece that
-always- confuses me...

If the passages are the same size, and you try to move -more- oil
through them at any given moment (higher volume), doesn't that by
definition have to increase the pressure?

Put simply, in a reverse kind of way.... If I increase the pressure on
my water pressure tank (supplying the house), I can fill a bucket with
water a lot faster (higher volume).

So what is the relationship of higher volume and higher pressure and
at what point do you get diminishing returns?

To me, a "high volume" oil pump -implies- higher pressure, and...
a "high pressure" oil pump -implies- higher volume.

Somebody fix my brain!
Asa Jay