[DeTomaso] Rocker installation

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Tue May 5 05:12:06 EDT 2009

Henrik Svensson skrev:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to install my new Comp Cams Roller Rockers (mechanical cam)
> but it feels like I'm missing something. Isn't there supposed to be some
> kind of spacer between the rocker and the stud? The rocker can't just
> rest on top of the valve and the push rod?

Yes it can.

I assume you have installed guide plates? That and the rocker nut is
what is holding the pieces in place AFAIK.

Personally I believe this is a crappy design.

I'm using the Ford Motorport bolt-down rockers, shimmed to the correct
preload, but that only works for hydraulic cams.

> But if I install a spacer how do I adjust the rocker?
>
> All pictures I find on the precious Internet shows the rocker when it's
> in place and I can't see if there is any spacer, hmmm...
>
> Cheers!
>
> Henrik

Cheers,
Thomas