[DeTomaso] Remote oil filter setup

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue May 5 02:19:49 EDT 2009

I have both remote filter and pree oiling system. Of course there
is a reason why. The Hemi has an outside oilpump in the same
location as the 4V oilfilter, then the filter is pointing forward hitting
the fire wall. Very unpractical. I also have an electrical pree oiling
pump. The reason is that one can fill the hoses and filter with oil
after a change. Also, the electrical gaspump is running el-supply on
an oilpressure swithch so it will stop in case of an accident.
Therefore it need oilpressure to fire up. this is not an everyday car
so I dont see this presidia as a problem.
I am also able to  disconect a hose, run the oilpump and empty
the oilpan, everything performed right from the engine bay.

I say this to expliain that every situation needs a suitable installation.
The average rule is that we should NOT install things if there is no
NEED, for it. The average rule is NOT if remote filter is good or bad.
Regards
Goran