[DeTomaso] Haggarty Claim experience?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon May 4 20:19:57 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/4/09 14 58 12, panteradon at gmail.com writes:

> I had some unfortunate damage to my car this weekend.  I was not going to
> file a claim, but I showed some pics of the damage to a friend that has
> done
> a lot of body work and he thought the damage was extensive enough that I
> should file.
>
> Just wondering what others thought.

Well, I'm going through some spoiler repair issues myself at the moment (on
my Scirocco) and can tell you that it will be much cheaper to just buy a
whole new spoiler, than it will be to have this one fixed.

Looks like a classic case of GT5 spoiler whanging a sharp incline--dyno
ramps perhaps?   Those things are always a gotcha, not only because they are
low, but because they are so far forward of the axle centerline.

At least it's just a fiberglass spoiler; the GT5-S has the same clearance
issues except the front end is steel, and thus it's much more expensive to
fix.

I figure you're probably looking at about a $1000 fix, tops.

Mike

2009 3 Free CREDIT SCORES: See Your 3 Credit Scores from
All 3 Bureaus FREE!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221797372x1201397989/aol?redir=https:%2F%2Fwww.freescore.com%2FOffers%2FStart%2FFreeCreditR
eportAndScore.aspx%3FID%3D91831F371F138345B53A153F49D4D872%26siteid%3De92758
0bf7)