[DeTomaso] Remote oil filter setup

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon May 4 17:26:53 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/4/09 14 24 29, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> Mike Vallee's car caught on fire midway to the Fun Rally last year for
> the same reason, I think.  The hot oil spraying on the headers caught fire
> and damaged the paint on his rear deck.  Fortunately there was no other
> serious damage.
>
> Nothing like looking in your rear view mirror and seeing flames.

Yes, I'd forgotten about that one, and I was there that day with you too!
In Mike's case the problem was caused by the adapter on the block coming
loose, rather than a failure of the remote filter mount itself.   But it just
highlights the fact that this setup is a potential problem that has actually
manifested itself in more than one fire, just within our relatively small
community.

Mike

2009 3 Free CREDIT SCORES: See Your 3 Credit Scores from
All 3 Bureaus FREE!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221797372x1201397989/aol?redir=https:%2F%2Fwww.freescore.com%2FOffers%2FStart%2FFreeCreditR
eportAndScore.aspx%3FID%3D91831F371F138345B53A153F49D4D872%26siteid%3De92758
0bf7)