[DeTomaso] Remote oil filter setup

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon May 4 16:25:16 EDT 2009

Taking advantage of the subject to ask a question I've always wondered...

What's the real advantage of the remote oil filter setup?

I can see a downside, namely those items mentioned by Julian (added cost,
complexity, failure points, etc).

Unless you install a remote oil pan plug at the same time, you've got to
crawl under the car anyway, so what's the upside?

Just curious... Thanks!

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"