[DeTomaso] BBORR Engine photos

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun May 3 23:03:48 EDT 2009

Michael,

Thanks for the photos. Wow, some damage but not too bad. I'd like to
note that if you decide to keep the block, you'll need to have a few
lifter bores cleaned up. I noted some damage on the bottom of a couple.
I'd also have the block checked for cracks. The crank took a pretty
significant hit, I'd take it in for a professional opinion. Ditto what
Jack said on the rod, it took a big hit too.

As for the cam and lifter bit.... just a bit of bubble gum and rescue
tape should take of that.

:)
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired