[DeTomaso] Gumball Rally arrives in Santa Fe tomorrow

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 3 22:35:44 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

Got this from Jim Demick:

=====

 Mike,

 Could you please post to the forum?  Someone may want to keep up with
their progress.  What do you think about reverse?...I think it is a simple
adjustment...everything else on the transaxle seems to be fine.

 Jim

 Pantera Enthusiasts,

 I spoke with Robert Levitt about an hour ago who, along with his son,
is in the Gumball Rally with their 1974 Pantera.   Everything was going well and
they were about one hour outside of Sedona, AZ.  I asked them when
they thought they would be coming into Santa Fe.  He said that they would not know
until tomorrow when they received the route information.  They only know
where the route takes them when they receive instructions each morning.

 The did say that they just experienced a strange problem.  They could not
get reverse when they pulled out of a rest stop.  All five forward gears
work well and there is no grinding.  Sounds to me like just a minor linkage
adjustment.  I told them we could look at it when they got to Santa Fe.

 I just saw on the Detomaso forum that they also had a problem with their
headlights not going up and down.  Robert did not mention anything about it
but since it was still daytime, he might have forgotten.  That is an easy fix
if he does still have problems simply due to the fact they can crank up the
headlamps by hand and leave them up if they want.

 If anyone would like to join me in Santa Fe to welcome them, let me know.
I will be away from my computer starting about 9:00am Monday morning so if
you want to contact me after that, please use my cell phone number (505)
507-1370 and not an email.

 Hope you can make it!

 Jim Demick
 Panteras of New Mexico