[DeTomaso] HEADLIGHTS - The quick fix

ralph granchelli rgranchelli at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 18:00:45 EDT 2009

The doors open but there is no light.
I will check the pink from the hot side of the ammeter to the headlamp switch. Then with the switch ON is there 12V at the red / white pair.
Red goes to the doors. The doors open.
White goes to the hi lo switch.
If the head lamp switch is DOA. I had a bad switch that I tried to repair this AM. Unfortunately the springs are so shot inside they will not hold to the contacts.
So I can quickly do a bypass harness  and replicate the switch function with spst switches.
If the problem is the Hi/lo switch I will do split off the pink to the HL switch, through a  2 X SPST to drive the HL fuses directly.One SPST for high, one for low.
Then time permitting they can pull and replace the switch or see if SOB can work his switch repair for them.
RGaz