[DeTomaso] BBORR Engine photos

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 3 15:43:45 EDT 2009

Michael, I don't see anything in the photos that would make the block or
crank unuseable. A little work with a die grinder to smooth off the rough
spots is all thats needed. I wouldn't re-use the mashed-at-the-bolt con-rod
again; rods are very heavily loaded and that one took a hard lick in a sensitive
area. The lower rod in the photo is likely OK, but changing a rod means
re-balancing the engine (unless stock balance is OK with you. I would
re-balance, if it was mine). One rod looks like it was ground and polished on the
beam & capwhile the lower one looks stock; did they come from different sources
or what? My 2¢- J Deryke