[DeTomaso] Die Polizei - The ongoing saga....

Trevor Fougere trevor at fougere.com
Sun May 3 14:38:50 EDT 2009

As you may recall, on New Year's Eve I was followed by a local female member
of Novato's finest.  For over 7 miles and 10 minutes wherein she matched
every lane change, turn, etc, etc, and finally pulled me over and popped me
with two charges - failure to signal (the bulb had blown) and unsafe lane
change.

So, I requested and received the automatic one month delay on appearing in
traffic court. Appeared in court on the last possible day and requested a
trial by declaration. Filed the TBD on the last possible day, attaching a
receipt for the repair (made the day after the incident) requesting one
charge be changed to a fix-it along with a narrative of how she followed me
(I retraced and timed everything with a stopwatch and my GPS)  and my
alleging that it all constituted harassment/entrapment on her part.

Yesterday, the court responded.  Both charges dismissed.  My record remains
(relatively) clean.  No, I am not eligible to drive your kids on field
trips.

I invite everyone in Kalifornia to join me in clogging up the traffic
revenue machine at every opportunity.  It costs you nothing except some
time.  Oh, and you may enjoy reduced insurance premiums as a result.

I guarantee you're gonna grin like a fool, if you ever get a dismissal!

Trevor - Cops? What cops?