[DeTomaso] Tool Kit for Reno

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat May 2 20:56:54 EDT 2009

Start with the spare parts. If you have no spare parts you pretty much need no tools. For each spare part you add, add the corresponding tools. Spare parts selection would be very individual. What have you replaced recently and feel confident with? What have you replaced recently and feel unconfident with (because you replaced it for the third time...)? Are you travelling alone or with a group? Can you split parts/tools between cars? I have a tool roll with a dozen or so hand tools plus zip ties, bailing wire and an air pump in the car at all times and some 15-20 kgs of additional parts and hand tools for longer trips. I always carry a spare tire and jack. The only real breakdowns so far have been a flat tire 300 kms from home (that couldn't be dealt with by fix a flat) and a leaking radiator, neither were fixable on the road. My parts have helped others a couple of times.

Tomas