[DeTomaso] 2009 Gumball 3000 Pantera featured on Team Pantera Racing

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri May 1 23:44:00 EDT 2009

Hey all,

We know you've all been dying to see what this Pantera looks like.
Well, none other than our own illustrious (or that lusterless?) Dennis
(Mad Dog) Antenucci has brought Bob Levitt into the fold by assisting
him in some final preparations.  As I've heard it, Bob was even
introduced to the Brazilian Girls.

Go to http://www.teampanteraracing.com to see the front page feature
with a photo of Bob's Pantera all prepped and ready to go.  In the
Gallery you'll also find a new album for the Gumball 3000 with another
photo featuring Bob and Mad Dog.

Although it's not strictly a -race- event, the Gumball 3000 is a road
rally endurance event.  Well, maybe not like the 24 hours of LeMans but
you get the idea.  The really cool thing about this event is the
exposure potential for the Pantera.  Earlier this year we were witness
to Jason Eaton in Bullrun, and now we have another Pantera owner
participating in the Gumball 3000.  I don't think it gets much better
than this.

Bob has received some wonderful advice from folks on this forum and it
would be great if we could continue to show support for Bob and this
event.  The race starts TOMORROW, at 1 PM at the Santa Monica Pier in
Los Angeles.  Our own Mad Dog will be there and I've heard veteran
Silver State Classic Challenge driver (and only Female to do so in a
Pantera) Laurie (Ms. Ferrari) will be there, along with Larry Kelsey.
So if you have the time, show Bob how much we really do together as a
deTomaso family.  Show up and give him a good send off.

I'm sure he'll try to write every chance he gets.

Visit the website:
http://www.teampanteraracing.com

Asa Jay

--