[DeTomaso] ZF removal question

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Fri May 1 15:21:12 EDT 2009

There are no rotational forces in the oposit direction of the crankchaft
acting on the
trans-engine combo. the rotational forces is around the outgoing axles to
the wheels.
However, these forces are of much greater power than that of engine TQ since
it is amplified throught the total gearing ratio. What happen is that it
will lift the engine
then, and accordingly apply a downvard force to the rear of the gearbox. The
grip
of the rear tires set the limit for these forces. But it is quite powerful
for the rear
mount to handle. We can put a hard rubber support between the rear swaybar
frame crossmember and the gearbox if we like for extra rear mount safety.

I have been using bolts for 20 years without problems, but make sure to use
full
length tread and that they are properly tightened.

About tilting the engine, i have never need to loosen the engine mounts.
They are
rubber and  at some 45 degree so they can take that sort of flex.
Goran