[DeTomaso] DeTomaso] Desperate plea for clutch help

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Fri May 1 08:04:40 EDT 2009

Paul,

Terrible idea to sell your Pantera now.
Fix it and keep it.
I had the same problem after The WInged Warrior sat for a few months before I fired the new engine.
What I did was remove the clutch / throwout bearing lever and remount it one notch forward. This gave me a lot more "push" and the disc broke free. Then put it back andre-adjust.
Beats pulling a ZF.

Dan Courtney