[DeTomaso] engine question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Tue Mar 31 18:17:28 EDT 2009

I have someone interested in my old engine, but he asked whether or not it was a four-bolt with four barrell heads.  At least, I think that's what he said.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but my motor has certain numbers on it which may tell those of you that know these sort of things.

On the block, there is a raised circle with a 10 on it, and elsewhere on the block these numbers are shown:  231, and below that 92AE-CA.  The Edelbrock manifold has the numbers F3514V.

Do these numbers reveal the four bolt & heads questions?

Thanks,

Chris