[DeTomaso] 1972 detomaso pantera

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Mon Mar 30 14:54:36 EDT 2009

Hello friends ,
>From the newcomer.

Just found out that my choke problem on the holley 750 was because I had a
choke unit requiring vacuum and my carb that is model # 4779-7 does not have
vacuum. I have since wired the carb open .

Now the problem is the car feels like she is fluttering. she gets up and
goes zero to 100 smoothly .I shift into 5th and she seems to hum down the road .
I lift off the gas and sometimes she backfires lightly.   When I try  to  put
my foot back on the gas she starts to stumble.she does not  stall. Under this
condition I start from a standing start and she chuggs  and then all of a
sudden she takes off like nothing happened.Does it sound like  power valve or bad
plugs or something totally different? carb? Lost! Should  I just get rid of
this 3 year old holley with about 2000 miles on it and  get an edelbrock? Open
for any and all suggestions .I just want my baby to  purr.

Robert
recession.