[DeTomaso] Fw: Clutch Issues / SOLVED!

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 30 06:01:28 EDT 2009

It turned out the clutch disk was stuck.
I removed and replaced the clutch lever, moving it forward one spline.
This pushed the lever right into the slave cylinder boot, but it gave me
enough force to push the clutch disk free.
I then returned the clutch lever to it's original position, basically
straight up, and made the adjustment to leave .010 of free play, before
engaging the throwout.
It shifts great now, not even grinding while going into reverse.
I had a few other items to address and it got dark, so I delayed the maiden
test drive till tomorrow.
I made the mistake of using the cork gaskets for the ends of the intake
manifold, so of course it's leaking oil. I'm just going to give it a good
shakedown and then pull the intake, as I also have to fab a bracket for the
throttle linkage to mount securely on the Edelbrock Air Gap, as the stock
mounting bracket is too short for this intake. (Additional Air Gap note: You
have to grind a little alum off the corner next to the right side thermostat
bolt, to get a socket on it).
Hopefully The Winged Warrior is back on the prowl tomorrow.
Thanks for the tips.

Dan
Dan F. Courtney

La Jolla, CA