[DeTomaso] Holley Intake For Sale

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Mar 29 16:10:10 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/29/09 12:38:37 PM, cuvee at sbcglobal.net writes:

> This is a Holley Intake Manifold that came off a Ford 351 Cleveland. It is
> in good shape. There is one small crack in the vacuum port which never
> effected performance while on the car. It is a 4bl intake with 2V ports. Asking
> 40.00 for the intake. Please call Jr at 510-372-5176 or email. Thanks

FWIW, this the exact intake I swapped onto a friend's highly built 351-C with
4bbl heads, some decades back. The 2-bbl ports in the intake increased his
fuel mileage and livened up the bottom end acceleration unbelievably without
changing anything else. He even reused a 750 Holley vac-sec carb. He'd gotten
tired of around-town driving with a high-rpm engine and was thinking of selling
the car. He liked the low-speed throttle response so much, he wouldn't give my
intake back! 'Course, the engine fell to its knees above 5800 rpms in the
higher gears, but he said he really didn't get up there as much as he'd thought he
would when originally building his engine. And $40 plus a few bucks   for
gaskets is ridiculously low for an experiment.... J Deryke