[DeTomaso] Vitaloni mirrors - Side Mount

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 10:02:30 EDT 2009

I'm glad Garth brought this up. Mike Thomas's car was the first I saw with
the side mounted mirrors. I think it looked great, is probably much more
effective from a standpoint of aerodynamics and offers a much better rear
view on both sides. ( it also looks much more exotic , like a race car) it
is reminiscent of the Maserati race car  on the cover of the " La Dolce
Vita"poster or other race cars like Indy cars or Ferrari Testarosa with
their long mast mirrors.The good news is that Chris Difani and I are working
on a reinforcement kit that will be available to those who wish to mount
their mirrors on the side of the door. I'm sure most of you are familiar
with Chris's high quality work and attention to detail. This is guaranteed
to be an effective solution to this mounting approach. I will post details
and pricing as soon as it is done , tested and available.
Boyd