[DeTomaso] Can anyone verify I ordered the correct clutch kit?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 29 00:55:24 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/28/09 19 17 7, brogers at optonline.net writes:

> Probably should have asked first but I just ordered a clutch kit. Could
> someone verify my
> purchase.  Thanks?
>
>>>Sure.   There's good news and bad news.

The good news is, you ordered a great clutch.

The bad news is, you ordered a great clutch for a
Mustang/Cougar/Pickup/whatever, which is NOT a Pantera clutch, and will not work in a Pantera, period,
dot. :<(

Panteras use specific clutches.   McLeod makes several different
Pantera-specific clutches.   Pantera Performance Center in Colorado carries them right on
the shelf, and sells them for just about exactly the same cost as your Jegs
Mustang clutch.   Send it back, and order the right one. :>)

> After thought, should I replace the throw out bearing too, advice welcome?

  You might consider changing the pilot bearing too.   Talk to Dennis Quella
and he'll hook you right up. :>)

Don't forget to specify if you have a Dash-1 or Dash-2 gearbox, as they use a
different clutch from one another as well.