[DeTomaso] California Historic Plates-BUT

matt at nwpantera.com matt at nwpantera.com
Fri Mar 27 09:47:40 EDT 2009

Up here in old school NW these are the criteria for collector plates.
I especially like the "for testing purposes" as well as only required to
run a rear plate. I am constantly in a testing mode...
They are however considering emission testing for our chainsaws and
banning black coffee.

Washington state Vehicle requirements
To use collector plates, vehicles must be:

more than 30 years old.
capable of operating on the highway.
owned and operated as collector vehicles.
Collector vehicles may be driven:

to and from auto shows, circuses, parades, displays, special excursions,
and antique car club meetings.
for testing purposes.
for the pleasure of others without compensation.
Collector vehicles may not be used for:

commercial purposes or to carry a load.
regular transportation in the manner of a fully licensed vehicle.
License plate requirements
Collector license plates:

may be assigned to currently registered passenger vehicles, motorcycles,
or trucks.
are good for the life of vehicle.
are not required to display month/year tab.
are not renewed annually.
must be displayed on the rear of the vehicle. (You must provide your
restored or current license plates. If you provide a set, the collector
vehicle plates may be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle).

Message: 7