[DeTomaso] Vacuum Hose attachment side port plugged with rubber?

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Tue Mar 24 13:39:08 EDT 2009

Clay
That fitting is a pricy little bit. I tried buying one from Wilkinson when I
was too lazy to restore my own.
I believe the smaller port was provided to operate the auxilliary fresh air
valve and heat stove in  the original air cleaner.

I think this might be what you need?

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+4294925239+4294839063+115+
4294843617

(Vacuum Caps and Plugs)

Barry

----
[DeTomaso] Vacuum Hose attachment side port plugged with rubber?
clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 11:33:35 CDT 2009

So I took off the threaded barbed fitting that allows the hose to attach to
the intake.  It has a 3 mm or so side port that was not attached to anything
and appears to be plugged with some type or rubber?  It is not welded shut
but actually has a rubber adhesive I could pick off with a flick of the
thumb.

Is this normal?  I would prefer a piece that has no side port and cant cause
my brakes to give out should this piece of glue fall off.
Is there a device that should be running off the side port?

Thanks
Clay