[DeTomaso] GTS "mini "air dam

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 24 03:32:41 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/23/09 16 51 33, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> Is this the spoiler that looks similar to the Boss 302/Boss 429 chin
> spoiler?

whereas the later mini air dam looks like, well, like a miniature version of
the Gr4/GT5 front air dam.

Here's a photo of the 1975-and-later Mini Air Dam mounted on my car:

And here's a photo of the back side, and another photo showing the structure
that was added to my car to perfectly support the air dam.   I've never seen
another car modified in this manner, but I think it's a really excelent idea,
as the angle between the back side of the air dam and the front surface of the
valance isn't even close:

http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=4892&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

By contrast, Larry Finch's car has the original 1972-era front spoiler,
albeit Dennis Quella's reproduction which is available with or without the
original's brake cooling ducts:

(I took the liberty of adding a photo I took of Larry's car, to Larry's photo
album on the POCA website, which raises an interesting point--how come I can
add photos to Larry's photo album?   POCA webmaster, whatupwitdat?)