[DeTomaso] New Pantera owner on Long Island

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 11:03:14 EDT 2009

I have met a new Pantera owner here on Long Island. His name is Robert and
he has a 72 he bought in September. He has a 750 Holley and the choke was
wired in the open position. He removed the wire and hooked up the electric
choke. Since then he has been having problems with the car running to rich
and getting spurts of power and the loading up and backfiring. I have a
Holley 650 with a manual choke so I didn't feel comfortable giving him
advice ( other then to say he should get a holley rebuild kit or at least re
do the floats. Anyway he is supposed to be signing up on the list and I have
told him how great , friendly and helpful the group is so please don't make
me into a liar. Seriously anyone who has any suggestions would be welcome. I
get the feeling he is not a real "Wrench" His first idea was to send it to
California to be rebuilt. I suggested he hold off on that as my
understanding was that rebuilding a Holley was not terribly difficult and
there were numerous rebuild kits available. And I thought that he may just
need to rectify the electric choke and redo the floats. Anyway I know that
many of you know holleys inside and out and will be able to give information
based on experience and knowledge not guesses or hypothesis like me. Thanks,
Boyd