[DeTomaso] Fw: NPC - electric motors

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Mon Mar 23 06:01:51 EDT 2009

Hey Will.
You might have fed the chiller from your neighbours with a long extention
cord that might have caused a heavy voltage drop (ie: ~ 90vac instead of
120vac). This may have damaged the motor slightly.
You need an ammeter to check the current and use a voltmeter to check the
voltage that you have now. Compare these 2 readings to nameplate ratings on
the chiller. If they don't match, then there is an issue.
Will D