[DeTomaso] Tom Tjaarda in Baton Rouge car show.5/9/09****

zumzum at cox.net zumzum at cox.net
Sun Mar 22 21:29:19 EDT 2009

Dear members, I have held back from participating in much web site communication since Jan 07 when I started dealing with my wife's pancreatic cancer, stage 3.  She is doing great and now at 27 months has been told that her cancer is in remission. So now I am back to the car world and I've decided to come back in a real fashion. I would like to tell you of my upcoming car/cancer event day featuring my friend Tom Tjaarda. The daddy of the Pantera. Tom helped with the design of my Mangusta prototype which was owned by Eugene Bordinat. When Tom was 51, he had a double mastectomy and  my wife has pancreatic cancer, so you can see where I am going with this show. I have and will create a high quality car/event show with a Concourso Italiano type of a feel to it. Even though I started my idea and show preparedness on Jan 19, 09 so much good has happened. Time is short and I am a hard worker. My web site is   http://liveoakconcours.org/index.html
On May 9th 2009, I will have a unique car show,  live Brazilian music, a fashion show,  the most beautiful ranch in the area in the center of the city,  fantastic food,  area doctors talking about pancreatic cancer,  Tom Tjaarda talking about the world of auto design and what to do when you are told you have cancer. We will on a ranch with police security and no funny business, so you can feel safe.  All monies will go to PanCan for education and to fund support groups for pancreatic cancer. I have put all this info on the web site so all interested people can see all that will happen. Now my four week old web site is changing daily as more info is gained and put to use. Also unknown to Tom Tjaarda, I will have a special display of cars he designed and of course a dinner in his honor.   PANTERAS,  FIAT 124 SPYDERS,  MANGUSTA PROTOTYPE,  330 GTC FERRARI, DETOMASOS  and any other cars that I can find and grab.This is the start of many years of fine shows.
   So I hope I have grabbed your attention and even though the show is 49 days away, I have learned with cancer, life and the essence of true fun you must make it happen now. Waiting for it to come will not work.
   Please write or call me as I am open to all avenues of help, info and new friends.
Also if you interested to come, then I thank you now for participating in a grand and noble day for car lover and cancer patients. Please tell your friends.

   Thank you
   Jeff Cobb
   225-343-7525 W
   225-343-9429 H