[DeTomaso] Mechanical fuel pumps

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Sun Mar 22 15:37:33 EDT 2009

Do you mean "easily converted"?  or "boat load of $ converted??"

Depending upon metal available, it might be possible to machine for an adapter.  Seems like I found an adapter for a fuel pump (out) to AN fitting.

If I decide I "need" a pump for the 460, Robb said he would make one, same price as stock pumps.
cleveland pump
http://www.robbmcperformance.com/images/products/pumps/ford550.jpg  and you can get a bottom plate adapter PN 1022    Endplate Outlet (-6AN)................$30
Moves the outlet port from the side of the pump to the endplate (in the same manner as an 1100HP pump).
A -6AN fitting is installed in a modified endplate. This option makes installation MUCH easier.

Nothing like running the motor lean at 7000rpm . . .

In reality, I'm not sure the suck side needs to be AN fitting.

Electric pumps???????????? I would want a failsafe system so its not pumping w/ the motor dead or the car upside down.  cluckcluck.

David