[DeTomaso] 15 inch tires

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Mar 22 10:42:35 EDT 2009

I found front tires are fairly easy to find in a decent speed rating, but 15" rears are almost impossible to find with anything over 140 MPH, unless you want to spend about $700 per tire.  I finally found the last set in our town of 295 50 15 tires with a 140 mph speed rating (they've been discontinued) at Les Schwab.  Good ol' Les managed to cross thread one of the rear lugs, ruing the stud and stripping the splines as well as they tried to force it on with an air wrench.

They are going to pay the entire cost of repair, including taking the axle out...

Chris