[DeTomaso] paperwork

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Mar 22 03:18:39 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/21/09 10:47:16 AM, kre at adelphia.net writes:
snip.....
> Most of the direct import car "smart guys" from US customs have moved on
> since the import regulations changed BUT if an agent that knows what is
> required for a conversion sees this car---like at a show---he could pull it on site
> and the owner would play hell getting it back. Just an FYI for those who may
> be looking.

Even in this "enlightened Age of the 21st Century", its still possible to get
really fouled up in "Official Paperwork" on automobiles. There is one rather
nice plain-vanilla Pantera thats been in limbo for some time. The owner passed
away and it was sold without a title.... because it never had one thats
recognizable by other States! The car's only owner lived in the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts, and the paperwork reflects this. Other State DMVs (or more likely,
their data-robots) don't seem to recognize this as being within the U.S. of
A. so the application to reregister always gets rejected. The current owner has
been trying to register it ANYWHERE in the U.S without success for several
years. Anyone from the East Coast that has a clue or speaks DMV legal-ese,
please e-mail me and I'll put you in contact. Fun & games- J DeRyke