[DeTomaso] Lots of cars for sale - '86 GT5-S

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Mar 21 10:57:36 EDT 2009

That yellow GT5-S has been around quite a bit.  It was for sale on the East
coast a few years ago, then not too long ago it popped up in the Bay area of
California.  I recall one of the guys on the Forum saying they had spend
quite a bit of time and money tracking down the DOT and EPA paperwork on
this gray market car when it was for sale in Virginia or somewhere nearby.
I'd be careful that all of that paperwork is with the car or it could be a
real PITA trying to register it somewhere.

The real clue is the blue interior.  If I remember one post correctly, the
blue interior with yellow exterior (though it has been repainted again in
yellow) was that it was custom ordered by the original owner in the colors
of the Modena soccer team - yellow and blue.

Hey, I'd love to have two yellow Panteras in my garage, so long as I could
teach them to get along and play nice.

Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest, POCA
YELLOW '74 L 6328