[DeTomaso] NPA: My outgoing email is not working.

Trevor Fougere trevor at fougere.com
Sat Mar 21 02:48:41 EDT 2009

Try using your ISP's SMTP server .  A lot of ISP's are blocking port 25
which can prevent you from getting to your asajay dot com SMTP server.  They
usually announce the changes via an e-mail to the mailbox they gave you when
you set up your account with the ISP.  Since you use another domain for
e-mail, in this case asajay dot com, it is pretty unlikely that you have
been checking the mailbox they gave you.

If your ISP  requires SMTP authorization you are  going to have to call
their technical support to get your login (probably the e-mail address the
ISP gave you) and to effect a password reset.

Write them down, as you will likely need that information again in the
future.  For example if you set up a new workstation.

If it's any consolation, I have to use the COMCAST  SMTP server at home even
though I run my own mail server.

You can continue to use your asajay dot com POP server for incoming e-mail.
I have yet to see an ISP block that.  They only care about blocking the
outgoing...in case you are spamming.

Cheers

Trevor