[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 56, Issue 20-Missing Nut

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Mar 20 12:03:20 EDT 2009

Charlie's story of the missing and found bolts reminds me
of a Can-Am car that parks near us at most of the historic races

It is an 1100 hp big block that lost a rocker nut after a rebuild
at the first event of the season in Sonoma... they looked and looked
and replaced the nut and ran the car all weekend no problem
hoping it ended up in a screen somewhere (dry sump motor)
They ran Monterey with no problems and still not finding the nut

At Cornonado they still had not found the nut... they were very
fast at this event in practice, qualifying etc... wihile leading the
Race on the second to the last lap the bolt was found and took
out the motor... The first race of the next year they fired the motor
it backfired and broke the crank... and I thought I had bad luck

With deep pockets they were racing again at the next event

Bob who lost a Rocker off his Pantera motor the first year and damaged the cam

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219619459x1201345309/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)