[DeTomaso] Sheet Metal Fab

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Thu Mar 19 18:37:08 EDT 2009

Hello gents.

I am in the process of re-doing both sides of my firewall.  I have
created cardboard templates for adding SS or aluminum covers to the
engine-side of the firewall.  (I have installed B-Quiet insulation on
both sides of the firewall; the covers will be installed over the
insulation.)  A few questions for anyone out there who has performed
similar work ...

- What gauge SS or aluminum should I request for fabrication?
- How should I attach the covers to the firewall (rivets, screws, glue,
etc.)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

EA