[DeTomaso] OK, now I'm screwed

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:57:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Charles McCall <charlesmccall at gmail.com>wrote:

> . I have a sinking feeling that the
> threaded portion may have falled out when I was wrestling the valve cover
> off and may have fallen INTO the head. Since I can't find them, and since
> both bolt holes are directly above this valley, I have a sinking feeling
> that they have fallen inside.

I've found missing valve cover washers in the engine mount.. umm... tray?
It fell along the aluminum support, I think and I never found it until after
I pulled the engine.  It survived many miles of service that way too.

I still wonder what will fall out if I ever get the car on a rotisserie.

sean

--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '60 Metro, '59 A35, '71 Pantera