[DeTomaso] ? Fwd:? So . . . .

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 17 15:40:28 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/17/09 11:04:18 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> What usually fails in a transaxle?  I think Esekof (SP?) was busting the
> ring & pinion.  If that is the common failure, a light car should be OK because
> in low gears, traction would limit the torque through the gears, and in
> higher gears, the amount of torque to ring & pinion....

Esakoff was breaking the actual gears- but he shifts like John Force or maybe
the Incredible Hulk! A few extra millseconds shifting with his 750+ bhp
wouldn't slow him down that much.... Lloyd made him some custom high strength steel
gears but he still managed to strip teeth off, and his ZF was the reinforced
BMW M-1 assembly with the big shafts, bearings & gears! Jr Wilson broke an
input shaft once, by 'getting big air' at an ORR. Landing at 230 mph w/the
throttle on an 850-horse big block will snap a stock input shaft like spaghetti, he
found.... On "regular" 300-500-horse Panteras, not much breaks but Lloyd would
be the authority on this question. FWIW- J Deryke

A Good Credit
Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219850974x1201371016/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditrepo
rt.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62
)