[DeTomaso] ? Fwd:? So . . . .

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 14:03:52 EDT 2009

What usually fails in a transaxle?  I think Esekof (SP?) was busting the ring & pinion.  If that is the common failure, a light car should be OK because in low gears, traction would limit the torque through the gears, and in higher gears, the amount of torque to ring & pinion is reduced by the gearing.

If you're busting input shafts, I guess all bets are off.

Ken