[DeTomaso] FW: Fwd:? So . . . .

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:42:14 EDT 2009

Mine is the CanAm (open top) 640HP SBC 427CI version, got two SCCA track days use with it prior to cam timing slipping. The guy that built the engine used an eccentric variable cam timing and didn't loctite it! Fortunately no real damage other than reset cam timing, which is an engine out exercise. I made the mistake of telling the guy I was in no hurry as it was mid December so 3 months later it's still in the shop.

I now have track springs and Toyo R888's so for anyone who wnats to see one up close and personal come to the Reno Fun Rally in June and attend the PCNC Speed Trials ;)

Julian

Nice. FWIW, Julian in Reno NV (who owns two Panteras besides) bought one last
Fall. It promptly lost its Chev 350 motor so he hasn't put many miles on it
since the purchase.... A third is owned by Al Rubin, Sec'ty of S.E Panteras in
FL. You guys can compare notes- Good luck- J Deryke

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.