[DeTomaso] Car suddenly not turning over......Any help appreciated

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:25:01 EDT 2009

Thanks for responses.

I have a huge  "donated" MAC battery charger on wheels that goes up to 180 amp boost in corner of garage-never been used.  Car started first turn on this so is low battery.
The Chinese 100 amp small charger on boost must not be enough for starting.  I am gonna buy a good tester.  I have two chargers and no tester, kind of ironic.

I am not sure about these Optima batteries.  They last less than a year for me.  One of my family members works for Deka batteries and really discourages me from these Optimas.

I had it on 2 amp cont. any time I am in the garage working on car, 15 amp cont. if lights on while re-wiring relays.
I guess I may have had the lights on too long while testing my new headlight controller and they pull more than 15 amps I am sure.

Should I recharge the battery or take it back?  It is under warranty, if they go low for Yellow top deep cycle and I go for a slow 10 hour auto charge on 15 amp would it be good as new?