[DeTomaso] Car suddenly not turning over......Any help appreciated

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 09:49:39 EDT 2009

I have had my car on the 2 amp charge while I am working on the electrical system.  I have not had it on charge when in storage.  The battery is a yellow optima about 6 months old.

I go out to start the car and it only turns a 1/8 turn or so and completely stops.  No groaning or anything else after the split second turn, just silence.

I don't have a  battery checker but my battery put the lights up and down quickly and headlights are bright.
I put my charger on 100 AMP start to the battery and still only the brief turn and silence.

I have the MSD system and a high torque starter etc.  Alternator was checked just last year and is fairly new.  Starter looks fairly new and likely was replaced with engine overhaul a few years back by prior owner.

Is this a bad starter or something else?  Any help appreciated.

I have been running the car for 2-5 minutes 3 times a week for last two weeks to bleed out any remaining air from radiator and new pipes for cooling overhaul.  It started easily other than the first start up from winter.

Thanks

Clay