[DeTomaso] Any Issue with using an Oil Pressure Gauge for Fuel Pressure???

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 20:02:04 EDT 2009

I bought all new MSD LAZER gauges for my car. The one problem i see is that
the oil pressure sending unit has a specific place to screw in to get a
pressure reading. My fuel pressue gauge (which is not MSD reads the pressure
by being "inline " in other words the fuel line goes right through the
fitting. Where would  you screw in the sending unit to get a reading for the
fuel pressure. And as mentioned earlier my car which is not EFI only gets
around 6psi on the fuel pressure . If you have an appropriate place to plumb
in the sending unit (which comes with the MSD LAZER oil pressure gauge )the
specs say it is accurate from 0 to 100 PSI. Another issue is that the MSD
oil pressure gauge is 2 5/8" while standard Pantera gauge panel openings are
2 1/8" so you also have to figure out wher you will put it. They do make a
dual sweep gauge  that is Vacuum and boost that is only 2 1/16"  . That
might be better suited to your purpose the boost range is 0 to 30 psi. Their
dual sweep gauges are very cool. They read one value on the left half and
one on the right.Boyd