[DeTomaso] Lowered Pantera equals VIBRATION

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 19:10:33 EDT 2009

Sean, I've encountered such vibrations under acceleration in non-lowered
Panteras that had only a single SLIGHTLY loose halfshaft bolt. Be very sure all 16
bolts are fully tight before beating yourself up.
FWIW, PreProformance shoves the whole powertrain backwards over 4" with their
big-block installations, and get no vibration with way-more u-joint
deflection than you could possibly get by lowering. So I don't think its axle
deflection; if its not a loose bolt, I'd look for 'something else'   like maybe metal
to metal contact. The exhaust pipes are pretty close to the halfshafts.... Good
luck- J Deryke