[DeTomaso] Turn Signal Issue, wiring and mecahnical I think

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 15 21:41:07 EDT 2009

Turn Signal:

For my turn signal the lever back towards rear of car is bright, towards front of car is dim.  When on dim towards front of car the lever strikes the dash on the edge of Speedo and will not turn right.   For left turn it is low enough to hit your knee.
Is this normal???

I do recall it has a white wire not connected last time I looked and I think SoBill had said that goes to ignition buzzer?
I have heard these are rebuilt sometimes and I wonder if mine was assembled backwards?  I am told my high and low is backwards. I took it all apart last year to adjust it as I thought it had to be way off hitting the dash and it seems this is the only way it will go?

Does anyone have pics of the mechanism exposed and proper mounting etc to compare to mine?

Thanks