[DeTomaso] Vitaloni Mirrors Too!

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 12:12:36 EDT 2009

General question,

I also ordered a paid and was curious about mounting them to the car.
Currently my mirrors adhere to the quarter glass and I have no holes in the
doors.

I once made a mistake in mounting mirrors on my Jeep Cherokee and affixed
the driver's side to a great position and used the measurement of those
holes to mount the passenger side as well
then after feeling all pleased with myself, put my tools away and sat in the
driver's seat.

To my horror, the passenger mirror wasn't even close to the right position,
the net result was that I now had three extra holes in the door that I
didn't need or want.

So is there a template or a standardized position for each side that will
work for 90% of all driver's and keep myself and others from making the same
mistake that I made in the past.

I would suggest using the from leading edge of the top of the door backwards
towards the door handle
and assuming that the mirror mounting bracket would be centered in the side
ti side measurement.

so how far back on the driver's side for the front mounting hole
and how far back from the door "crack" back on the passenger side for the
front mounting hole.

Michael "No more ho's wanted than necessary" in Savannah