[DeTomaso] Pantera Pretender defeated!

L GRAY tipo874a at msn.com
Sat Mar 14 19:39:52 EDT 2009

    Les Gray here,

            I ran the Pantera Department at Long & Newman and we NEVER built a car with steel fenders or quarter  panels EVER ! ! !  They we completely fiberglass bodies tooled off of my 1972 L Pantera chassis THPNML04371 ( don't know where that car is today )
           The frame on this car doesn't look like one of our frames either. Who knows whose body it is......there were several companies trying to build Pantera kit cars back in those days. The difference between those other cars and the Long & Newman car was ours was an EXACT duplicate of the Pantera body and using the entire running gear and suspension and glass from Pantera inventory...... a true replica!

                                                                                 L. Gray