[DeTomaso] Mobil 1 Oil... million mile test

Espen Graffer espeng at getmail.no
Sat Mar 14 16:42:42 EDT 2009

This test is apparently done running continously - which means we are mostly
dealing with "hydrodymacic lubrication", where enough speed between mating
parts are creating an oil film. Zinc (or other EP additives) is needed when
the oil film can't keep the parts apart, i.e mostly at startup.

espen in norway

------------
Tom Borcich wrote:

All the talk about oil and it's zinc content led me to Mobil's website. They
ran a BMW 325 for 1,000,000 miles using Mobil 1 oil...pretty impressive
results
with very little wear.

I'd like to see them run that test on lesser engine, the BMW inline
six is one of the best engineered passenger car engine.

Here's the link for the video on the testing
http://www.mobil1.com.au/performance/miles.aspx

Best regards,