[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 56, Issue 13-Zinc

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 11:39:55 EDT 2009

In asking the three difference Engine builders what oil
to run they all have different answers...
I am currently running Mobil 1 in the Pantera with
flat tappets and after checking the bearings last year
it looks great even after seeing oil temps at 300
many times on the track

We did start out with Valoline that I had to order
from the parts store that had high Zinc contact
not sure if I can buy it now

The two other motors are solid roller lifter motors
and they seem less concerned although one did
want me to run the Shell Rotella oil

My new motor for the bird is a 500 inch
755 hp monster with 777 lift cam and triple
springs... it is a solid roller motor and he
wants me to run 10-30 Lucas synthetic
He claims that he dynoed the motor with
straight 40 wt and by switching I will pick up
20hp... he also told me I would lose approx
80-100 hp after I install the exhaust
He did say it will rev to 8000 rpm.. my kind of motor

I have heard the reports on Mobil One zinc
going down ( I think it was 1500) so it is good to keep an ear out
No need to break the damn thing because of
the oil... I break them regularly for other reasons

My 2 cents.. Bob Benson Black #3

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)