[DeTomaso] ZDDP zinc oil additive

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 02:15:59 EDT 2009

1) There are documented cases of cams getting wiped after years of faithful
service, and the leading explanation is  that it's due to the lack of
scuffing protecting due to the lack of ZDDP
2) It isn't just monster springs, as Jack posts... there were several wiped
lobes in the MG community - cams from the 50's through 70's, and an MG-TD
doesn't have particularly strong valve springs...

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"