[DeTomaso] ZDDP zinc oil additive

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 01:04:03 EDT 2009

 No, we are talking about older, established engines.
Even after they are broken in the cam-follower surface takes a heavy scraping load and a chemical such as zinc is needed to prevent metal wear.

My understanding is that it is common practice to coat cams with a concentrated ZDDP solution at assembly, but I don't know.

Jim